This will be the 4th year that Baleal Surf Camp and the UK based company Era Adventures work together to give the opportunity for people who are interested to attend an ISA coaching accreditation award.
The surf instructor course from the International Surfing Association (ISA) is the official qualification required for working as a surf instructor or surf coach in this country and Worldwide. The ISA qualification’s allows you to seek employment at hundreds of surf schools in Britain and in countries all over the world. The course covers all aspects of surf education including surf safety, surfing & coaching techniques along with group management. Successful trainees go on to work as professional surf coaches, introducing beginners and helping improvers enjoy wave riding or take their surfing to the next level.
- Be aged 16+ for Level 1, 18+ for Level 2.
- Attending or hold a current Beach Life Saving Qualification acceptable to the ISA.
- At least three years personal surfing experience for Level 1. At least four years personal surfing experience for Level 2.
- The ISA Level 1 Coach will demonstrate that their Personal Surfing Ability is of an acceptable standard. They will further demonstrate that they are competent to coach beginner to Intermediate surfers (on land and in the water).
- Level 1 is aimed at individuals, with limited experience of surfing, who are new to surf/sports coaching and who wish to coach beginner to intermediate surfing techniques. The Level 1 Award is the minimum requirement for Surf Coaches wishing to work for ISA Approved Surf Schools.
- Level 2 is aimed at individuals, who are aged 18 or over and have completed the ISA Level 1 and have held the award for the minimum time allowed before undertaking Level 2(12 months). This Award is aimed at ISA coaches wishing to develop their skills as a coach in order to coach intermediates to advanced lessons and work with higher performers and squads/competitor level. This is also seen as the most desired Award by most ISA schools for Head coaches.
- All awards are valid for 1 year from the date of the Coaching Accreditation Course whereby an annual coach registration fee is payable to the ISA in order to stay qualified along with proof of a current ILS Beach Lifeguard.
Exercises during the Beach Lifeguard Course
Rescue exercises explanation
Rescue exercise technique
For further information, please contact us by E-mail